Are you feeling stressed, anxious, depressed or alone? Are you wanting to feel empowered and more hopeful as you face a difficult life challenge? From time to time, we all need support and a shoulder to lean on when the going gets tough. The power of joining an emotional support group might be just what you need. From the moment 7Chairs welcomes you into one of our professionally facilitated online support groups you will immediately feel connected and well understood by others going through similar struggles.
What is a Support Group?
In its simplest form a support group is a group of like-minded people who meet on a regular basis to offer mutual support and discuss ways they are coping with their life challenges. 7Chairs recognizes the power found in connection and community and offers many different types of support groups, including support groups for grief, generalized anxiety and depression, cancer support, caregiver support, psoriasis and infertility.
What Makes 7Chairs Support Groups Unique?
7Chairs online emotional support groups offer an easy and affordable way to connect with others who are going through a situation similar to yours. To ensure confidentiality, the 7Chairs support community is a private, members-only community. Our support groups are
- Small and Intimate: We recognize that smaller group sizes offer a trusted, intimate safe setting which encourages participation by all members.
- Professionally Led: All of our support groups are led by professionally licensed facilitators. Our groups facilitators are licensed, trained, experienced, and accredited psychologists (PhD / PsyD), marriage and family therapists (LMFT), clinical social workers (LCSW / LMSW), and board licensed professional counselors (LPC) with experience in group facilitation. They are experts in their field who strive to help people using innovative approaches and group collaboration.
- Real Time Connection: Our groups meet at the same time, each week for one hour on our user-friendly online platform. Additionally, 7Chairs members have the option of choosing chat or video based groups. Group members remain in the same group for the eight week session and build a strong community where caring and supportive relationships carry over long after the group has finished its last formal session.
- Anonymous and Confidential: At 7Chairs we understand that it can sometimes be difficult to open up to others with regard to sharing deep emotions or sensitive information. Our groups are password protected and all of our members have the options of remaining anonymous within our community. We have found that our members find comfort in having the option of remaining anonymous and that that it encourages active group participation and honest sharing.
What Happens During a 7Chairs Support Group Meeting?
It is easy and convenient to access your online support group from your smart phone, tablet or laptop from the comfort of your own home. Once you have completed your online discovery form — we will help identify the group which best fits you and your needs. One of our expert facilitators will then reach out to you either by phone or email to welcome you to the 7Chairs community and to answer any questions you have about your group. You will then have fun personalizing your experience by choosing your nickname and avatar. And before you know it, it will be time to get ready to attend your first group meeting.
In addition to your regularly scheduled, weekly group meeting you will have access to your group’s “living room” where members can introduce themselves and start a conversation. You can access your group’s living room whenever you want, day or night. The “living room” is a space which is monitored by your facilitator and where the conversation and support continue in between your weekly group meetings.
Your first group meeting will give you an opportunity to get to know the other members of the group and make a connection with your facilitator. Each week your facilitator will offer a topic-related activity or discussion. At any time, feel free to suggest topics which are meaningful to you. Additional meetings may include opportunity for group or self-reflection. Sharing stories, advice and resources are other important aspects of the group’s journey and experience. Remember the key to your group meetings is your participation and it is important to establish connection with your facilitator and your group members early and often.
What are the Benefits of Joining the 7Chairs Community?
7Chairs online support groups are an excellent place to share emotional burdens, celebrate triumphs, and learn new coping mechanisms with others who have and are experiencing similar challenges first hand. Your fellow 7Chairs group members and your facilitator will be an amazing source of strength to you throughout your journey. Our members have shared with us that by attending our support groups regularly that they:
- Feel less lonely
- Have reduced feelings of distress, anxiety and depression
- Increase their coping skills
- Have increased sense of empowerment from sharing your own unique story
- Increased knowledge and sharing of resources about other successful forms of treatment
- Have positive emotional, mental and physical health outcomes
So, what are you waiting for, join a 7Chairs support group and start feeling better today!